fed by our community
Our little piece of the universe in and around the Rondout Valley is a special place and we invite you to explore it here (alphabetically, of course, since there's no better way!).
- Aroma Thyme Bistro, Ellenville; good food & a source of treats for our laying hens
- Bannerman Island, Beacon; the Hudson Valley’s own castle ruins, on tiny Pollepel Island
- Catskill Native Nursery, Kerhonkson; RVO pickup location & wonderful native plants for sale
- Cragsmoor Library; RVO pickup location & lovely library in a historic setting
- Croswell Enterprises; local source of premium organic soils & mulches; we love their products & their style
- Edible Hudson Valley magazine; Rusty Plough Farm was named 2013 Local Hero!
- Ellenville Public Library & Museum; our gem of a library, with local history & much more
- Ellenville-Wawarsing Chamber of Commerce; get to know our local business community here
- Hunt Memorial Preservation Committee; committed to renovating and preserving Ellenville’s historic Hunt Building
- Kingston Farmers’ Market; look for Oleh at the Rusty Plough booth every Sat 9-2, May through October
- Northeast Organic Farming Association of NY; info on organic farming, gardening, living, certification
- Pine Bush Chamber of Commerce; our neighbors over the ridge.. not really so far away
- The Publik House, Ellenville; nice little pub and another source of snacks for our chickens
- Rondout Valley Growers’ Association; committed to strengthening the region’s family farms and preserving agricultural open space
- Shadowland Theatre, Ellenville; professional live theatre, vintage movies, youth theatre classes and more!
- Soyuzivka Resort, Kerhonkson; your local spot for Ukrainian festivals, culture, cuisine and more